UFO Challenge #6

For the month of May, I was challenged to complete #6 on my UFO list. #6 is to complete 3 Beeutiful QAL blocks. Last year I completed blocks 1-7. For May, I completed Blocks 8-10. I finished block 10 today, 15 minutes before the shop closed! I technically have until Wednesday to have my completion checked off by my local quilt shop. Hopefully I can make it there during the work week…but if not, at least I was able to meet my goal!

I showed you block 8 and my work in progress block 9 during my SAL Update, but here’s all 3 final blocks for your viewing pleasure:

Block 8: Bee Simple

Block 8Block 8_zoom

Block 9: Bee Fruitful

I added little quilt ties 🙂

Block 9Block 9_anglezoom_quilt tieszoom_quilt ties 2

Block 10: Bee Kind

My favorite…

Block 10Block 10_angle


SAL Update 5.14

Sorry friends for the delay on today’s post! I’ve been recovering from oral surgery this week as I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. Ouch! Because of this, I was unable to schedule my SAL Update to post this morning, even though I did get some rest-in-bed-stitching done 🙂 Today is also Mother’s Day, so my husband and I spent the afternoon with our mom’s. We went on a historical home tour and had lunch. Luckily I survived the tour in my condition. I’m doing ok, but I’m not 100% recovered. I still have some soreness in my lower jaw, eating soft foods, and taking my meds. Luckily, Sunday is still here and I’m just getting around to writing my SAL Update.

Here’s where I’m at with Winnie the Pooh and his pals. I completed filling Pooh in and continued working on Eeyore. I’m so excited seeing this from afar. Eeyore’s head is turned toward Pooh and Piglet, so the black stitches are forming his other ear, if you can imagine.

SAL Update 5.14

For the month of May, my quilt shop drew the number 6 for our UFO Challenge. #6 on my list is to complete 3 Beeutiful QAL blocks. If you remember, I joined this group working on these embroidery blocks, but had stopped to focus on Winnie the Pooh. So far I’ve completed 1 embroidery block, #8 of the series. I’m currently working on #9 and have yet to start #10.

Block 8 – Bee Simple

Beeutiful QAL Block 8

Block 9 – Bee Fruitful (In Progress)

Beeutiful QAL Block 9

Finally, I would like to show off my new project bag that my mom sewed up for me. Even though it’s Mother’s Day, mom always has a gift for me. She is so giving, so supportive, and so loving. Thank you again mom for this beautiful bag!

Project bag frontProject bag back

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!

Time to check out the progress from the rest of the SAL Group:

Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, LucyAnn, Kate, Jess, Sue, Constanze, Debbierose, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, Steph, Wendy, Linda, Catherine, Mary Margaret, and Timothy

SAL Update 9.4

Similar to last week, I only accomplished stitching one Beeutiful QAL block and some progress on my Classic Pooh cross stitch. I’ve been quite busy working on a baby quilt and other whole cloth baby blankets. I hope to post on these soon!

Block 7 – Bee Charming

I was definitely looking forward to this block as I very much enjoyed stitching this kitty with Block 1. My favorite part of him is the sea-foam green thread I picked for his eyes and the dusty pink used for his nose and ears. For his hat, I used fusible interfacing to adhere black fabric in place. The red running stitch helps to separate the hat and rim. I still need to machine stitch around the hat with matching thread. Sneaky little bee 🙂

Beeutiful QAL Block 7

The cross stitch isn’t going as quickly as I thought, but I’m still enjoying the process. More golden yellow hues, but finally a small change with black, which makes out his eye and eyebrow. I’ve had better luck with my twisty threads since my last post. I continue to use a shorter length of thread and dangle my needle when I begin to see the twist forming. Haven’t had a chance to buy wax, but I’m still interested in trying it out.

Pooh Cross Stitch Update

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend! Do take some time and check out what the other SAL members have been stitching:

AvisClaireGunCaroleWendyLucyAnnKateJessSueConstanzeDebbierose, Susan, and Kathy.