Happy New Year!
Here’s a quick view of my accomplishments for 2017:
For 2018, I have some quilt commissions and most of the same list of UFOs to cross off the list.
- King Size Quilt Commission
- T-Shirt Quilt Commission
- TBT Quilt
- Top complete, need to quilt it!
- x and + Quilt
- Finish the x and + blocks
- Add the sashing and panel to complete the top
- Quilt it!
- Starburst Quilt Wall Hanging
- Finish piecing the blocks
- OBW Quilt
- Finish piecing the top
- Quilt it!
- Desert Sky Paper Pieced Quilt
- Continue progress on blocks (if I remember how to!)
- Beeutiful QAL
- Finish Embroidery Blocks
- Piece the top
- Project Linus Quilt
- Due @ August Quilt Show
- Wonky Star Christmas Quilt
- Finish the blocks
- Quilt and have complete before Christmas 2018!
- Linden Sweatshirt (before the cool season ends?)
- Laurel Blouse
- Sorbetto Blouse
- Winnie the Pooh cross stitch
- Turn it into a pillow once finished!
- Start and keep up with Into the Jungle SAL by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
I have some baby quilts already planned in the horizon for some dear friends and family who are expecting in 2018 ❤
A big warm thank you to my readers who keep me inspired to blog about all my craftiness and garden adventures! I hope 2018 brings you new adventures and many accomplishments too.
Happy New Year Everyone!
I hope everyone had a joyous and safe new year’s celebration! I spent the evening baking cookies with family and toasting to the new year with champagne. We didn’t quite make it to midnight, but the sentiment was still there 🙂 As I approached the last week of December I felt that I had not completed many of the goals I had planned for 2016. I always feel this way at the end of a year, but once I look back and reflect on the creations I made and the busyness of every day life for us this year, I’m feeling more content with how 2016 turned out.
Here’s what I completed in 2016:
I had 3 commissions and lots of baby showers 😀 Aside from quilts, we also completed the sewing/guest room for which I made curtains and learned how to use the rolled hem foot. Now these are just the completed works you see in the slide show. I also started many new projects and worked on some old projects, which brings me to my 2017 goals.
For 2017, I have decided to make this year the year of UFOs! Time to get my list of projects shortened. My goal is to finished the oldest of UFOs and work towards the newest. I will NOT start any new projects, UNLESS it’s a commission or a baby shower and I can whip up a whole cloth baby blanket. Hold me to this guys! No ifs, and, or buts! ha-ha
Here’s what I have so far…this is just a few from my list that I want to work on first:
- Commissioned Quilt Project
- Batik Quilt – this top is probably almost 3 years old.
- TBT Quilt
- x and + Quilt
- Sunburst Quilt for wall hanging
- Cloth napkins and Kitchen tea towels – newest of ufo’s, but it’s a Need.
- Projects with mom
- Hand Sewing Project Bag (I NEED this for my x-stitch projects)
- Esmie Top (my first apparel project)
- Winnie the Pooh cross-stitch
There’s definitely more to this! On my written to-do list, I have about 18 projects! Luckily, I have these organized in my lovely new planner ❤
I will also continue working on the garden and our home. Husband and I have a list going for our House goals as well. I also hope to blog about the garden more as this fell behind in 2016.
Much to look forward to! I better go get started 😀
Happy New Year everyone!
Just threaded my Juki for the first time and have 2 bobbins ready for action. On my test scrap, I still grabbed my scissors, even after pressing the thread cutting button 😀 Will take some getting use to. The needle up/down button too, I still caught myself manually lowering my needle… Practice makes perfect! Time to get started on these projects below:
Learn how to use my new Juki!
Finish up my first Project Linus quilt – Completed 8/13/16
1st Commission! – Completed 1/31/16
Baby Boy Quilt – western theme
Initials wanted on quilt
Hanging option for back – Use Material Girl Quilts – Mini Quilt Hanging Tutorial
Baby Quilt – Commision – Completed 2/20/16
Simple, no quilt. Top stitch cotton top/minky bottom.
Baby Quilt – My nephew’s daughter due in April! – Completed 4/12/16
Baby Quilt – Baby niece due in April!
Uncle has commissioned me to make 3 quilts for his grandchildren – Completed 7/17/16
Dinosaur quilt for Boy – Complete
Farm Animal quilt for Boy – Complete
Baby quilt for Girl – Complete
Babar Commissioned Quilt – Completed November 2016
- Penny Rose Fabrics – TBT Sampler Quilt
- Need Border, Backing, and Binding fabric
- Mini Quilt/Wall Hanging for Sewing Space
- Use Material Girl Quilts – Mini Quilt Hanging Tutorial
- Making Sunburst Quilt – Moda Bake Shop
- Moda Bake Shop Summer Sewing Camp – Bee-utiful QAL
- 1-Hour Baskets for fabric storage
- x and + Quilt
- 12″ Finished Blocks
- Need 12 more blocks; sashing, backing, and binding fabric
- Christmas Quilt – Wonky Star
- Batik Quilt — UFO
- Need border and backing fabric
- Cross-Stitch — UFO
- It’s huge and I don’t work on it as often as I should.
- Dedicate more time to stitching!
Join a SAL! – Achieved 😀
- Cut and separate scraps throughout the year for these scrappy quilts.
- Staying organized in between projects
- Utilizing those trimmings from binding strips!
Check back here for my updates. More could get added to this list! Let’s see what gets accomplished and which will be pushed to the 2017 list.