July 2019 WIPs

Well, July was our true Summer start this year. On my last update I told you about our very mild summer in June and all the rain we were receiving. July was the complete opposite! We experienced so many hot humid days and we only saw 0.24″ of rain, so practically nothing. We don’t have irrigation installed and I’m not the best at keeping up with watering in the garden. That’s why it’s so important that I plant drought tolerant plants. I did lose my beautiful hibiscus plant that I had in my front yard. I may buy another during the Fall Plant Sale this year and make some watering resolutions for next year!

GARDENING

The jalapeno and bell pepper plants continued to produce in July, the mint is bushier than ever, and the zinnias are rock stars in the summer heat!

The zinnias have also been the home to a little anole lizard. I named him Prince of the Zinnias. I’ve enjoyed chatting with him from time to time.

STITCHING

Not much stitching got done this month. I continued working on Christmas Dollhouse. I started a new section to the left of the dollhouse, which is meant to be the outside of the dollhouse. I wasn’t looking forward to this part since the design is very symmetrical, but it was a quick stitch nonetheless and I was able to finish it.

I also made a start on one of the minis from Where There are Bees. As you can see, Neko is totally impressed with my progress.

August is almost over and I feel pretty good about a major project completed. Looking forward to sharing it with you next month. Happy stitching everyone!

Advertisements

SAL Update 8.11

I worked on the top half in order to continue the cleanup. I would like to make as much progress in this top half as I’ve done on the lighter bottom section, then I can continue alternating until I close the gap.

BEFORE
AFTER
CLOSER LOOK

Stats: 240 stitches, 25.3% complete

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the SAL group has progressed with their projects! Join me by clicking the blog links below:

Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, Sue, Constanze, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, Linda, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, Megan, Catherine, Deborah, Clare, Mary Margaret, Renee, Jenny, Carmela, Jocelyn, and Sharon

SAL Update 7.21

I worked on the top half this time around. As you can see on the before picture, I had somewhat strayed away from the parking method and continued with color completion. I noticed this was taking me more time to figure out where I was, more counting, and more room for error. I decided this time around to fill in the gaps and get back on track with the parking method. You can see how much cleaner the bottom half is when your strict with this method and therefore more productive.

BEFORE
AFTER

Stats: 233 stitches, 25% complete

Yay, I’m also finally at the quarter mark! I still have a ways to go to clean up this top half so I will most likely continue working on this portion for the next update.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the SAL group has progressed with their projects! Join me by clicking the blog links below:

Avis, Claire, Gun, Carole, Sue, Constanze, Kathy, Margaret, Cindy, Helen, Linda, Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Hayley, Megan, Catherine, Deborah, Clare, Mary Margaret, Renee, Jenny, Carmela, Jocelyn, and Sharon