A little something I’ve been working on is finally complete. Just in time too! This quilt is for my nephew’s baby girl, who was born just yesterday! I wanted to make a scrappy quilt, so I decided to go through my box of strips and picked out all my pinks, purples, yellows, turquoise, and anything baby.
All my strips were of different widths and lengths. On the design board I put strips together in sets of 5 (give or take depending on the strip width). At first I sewed my strips together, pressed, and trimmed down to size. I was able to get 2-3 blocks this way if the strips were long enough. As I got to my shorter strips, I decided to trim the strips down first before piecing. I wanted to keep the quilt cohesive and scrappy at the same time. I decided to stick to only a few prints and not go beyond the stack I had. Because of this, the quilt remained smaller in size and finished at 28″ x 35″. For the back, I used a whole cloth of a white and purple print and quilted on the diagonal of the blocks in both directions. For the binding, I used my scrappy solids of pink and purple and joined them by alternating colors.
Quick and easy! I can’t wait to see baby Selena and give her the quilt ❤